This policy covers how Snail Mail Penpals (“snailmailpenpals.net,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) treats personal information that it collects and receives on www.snailmailpenpals.net. This notice tells you what information we collect, steps we take to protect and secure it, how we use and share information, and finally, how you can contact us with questions or concerns.
Information We Collect
- Snail Mail Penpals collects personal information when you register with us, use Snail Mail Penpals products or services or post content on a Snail Mail Penpals site.
- Snail Mail Penpals may also collect personal information when you enter into promotions or sweepstakes.
- Snail Mail Penpals may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or others.
- Snail Mail Penpals may also collect information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners. This information might include information necessary to process payments due to us from you such as your credit card number.
- Snail Mail Penpals may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request.
- Snail Mail Penpals uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
Snail Mail Penpals may occasionally obtain IP addresses from users depending upon how you access our web sites. IP addresses, browser and session information may be used for various purposes, including to:
- Diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- Estimate the total number of users visiting snailmailpenpals.net’s web sites from specific geographical regions.
- Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content, services or resources that we offer.- Monitor and prevent fraud and abuse.
- Provide more relevant advertisements to you.
Information Relating to Children
- Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Snail Mail Penpals does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information through the Snail Mail Penpals web site from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of Snail Mail Penpals service is directed to persons under 13.
- If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Snail Mail Penpals service or web site at any time or in any manner.
Information Use, Sharing and Disclosure
- Snail Mail Penpals does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of the Snail Mail Penpals web sites, products and services with others except as described in this policy.
- When you provide personal information through using Snail Mail Penpals you are however sharing your personal information with snailmailpenpals.net and its affiliated entities. The use of your personal information by these organizations is subject to this policy.
- We do not share your information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, Snail Mail Penpals may display targeted advertisements based on personally non-identifiable information (such as browser type and IP address) and/or personal selection (See the Section entitled Third Party Advertising below for more information on how your information is shared with advertisers).
- Snail Mail Penpals may use or share your personal information where it is necessary to complete a transaction, to operate or improve the Snail Mail Penpals products and services, to do something that you have asked us to do, or tell you of products and services that we think may be of interest.
- From time to time, snailmailpenpals.net or a partner, may sponsor a promotion, sweepstake or contest on Snail Mail Penpals. You may be asked to provide personal information including name, email address or home address or to answer questions in order to participate. snailmailpenpals.net may transfer personal information to certain advertising partners that you have explicitly requested to receive information from. It will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply.
- Where you are contacted with an offer or service based on information you have shared with Snail Mail Penpals, we will do our best to provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such further communications at the time you are contacted, however, in connection with any of our paid products and services (i.e., products or services that you license or use for a fee), we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to those products and services, such as service announcements, and administrative messages, that are considered part of your snailmailpenpals.net account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- When you register for Snail Mail Penpals, snailmailpenpals.net collects user-submitted account information such as name, email address and age to identify users and send notifications related to the use of the service. Snailmailpenpals.net also collects user-submitted profile information, including additional contact information, location, biographical information and photos. This additional profile information will assist other users in finding and communicating with you.
- Snail Mail Penpals will display your “Display Name” on your profile. Snail Mail Penpals will display your name and any other user-submitted profile information on your profile according to the preferences you set in your account.
- Email addresses and full names may be used when a user invites a friend via email to join Snail Mail Penpals and when Snail Mail Penpals sends notifications to a user related to their use of Snail Mail Penpals.
- When you post a message on a Snail Mail Penpals Site, you have the ability to post a message which may include personally identifiable information about yourself.
- If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
- Snailmailpenpals.netmay share personally identifiable information about you under the following circumstances:
- In the course of operating our business it may be necessary or appropriate for us to provide access to your personal information to others such as our service providers, contractors and select vendors so that we can operate Snail Mail Penpals and our business.
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or, defend against legal claims and if in our judgment in such circumstances disclosure is required or appropriate.
Third Party Advertising
snailmailpenpals.net does not share any personally identifiable information with advertisers. snailmailpenpals.net may share general demographic information (such as aggregated statistics about members’ interests and occupations) and non-personally identifiable information (such as browser type and IP addresses) with advertisers and partners. Snailmailpenpals.net does not give advertisers access to your individual personal account information. However, by selecting, interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
snailmailpenpals.net may revise, modify or update this policy. We may notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your particular snailmailpenpals.net account or by placing a prominent notice on our site. You are encouraged to check this policy frequently for any changes as your continued use of the Snail Mail Penpals service indicates your consent to such changes.
Confidentiality and Security
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we take reasonable measures to secure it on our systems.
If snailmailpenpals.net learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using Snail Mail Penpals or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of those sites, products and services. We may post a notice on our applicable web sites if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the applicable web sites. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Changing your Preferences and Personal Information
You can edit your account information with Snail Mail Penpals at any time. Most personal information you may provide is entirely optional. You can delete your applicable account by visiting your profile settings; however, please note that some personal information, primarily your contact information, may remain in our records to the extent necessary to protect our legal interests or document compliance with regulatory requirements.
If you have a privacy concern regarding Snail Mail Penpals, or this policy, and if you cannot satisfactorily resolve it through the use of those sites, products or services, you should complete a feedback form or you can write to us by email